1. These General Terms shall apply in conjunction with the Specific Terms of any promotion. You should therefore read these General Terms vis-a-vis the Specific Terms. Should a conflict arise between the General Terms and the Specific Terms, the Specific Terms will take precedence.
2. These General Terms may be reviewed at our discretion without any further recourse to you. You are thus required to check our website regularly for such changes. Changes are however effective from the date they are uploaded unto the website.
3. By entering any promotion you agree to be bound by these General Terms and Specific Terms.
4. All promotions are open to persons over 18 years of age at the time of entry. Where the Specific Terms state that a person aged 18 years or less is eligible to enter, we reserve the right to require a written consent from a parent or guardian indicating their willingness to be bound by these terms and conditions, and to accept any prize on behalf of the under-aged prize winner.
5.The Promoters reserve the right to determine whether or not any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require further particulars from entrants before awarding prizes.
6.The following are disqualified from participating in any promotion: the employees, agents and immediate family members of the Promoter, the employees or immediate family members of any third-party sponsors, third party companies associated with the promotion and prize providers or agencies assisting with the promotion operation.
7. We reserve the right to disqualify entrants from entering our promotions or prizewinners from receiving their prizes where any such person engages in unsafe, illegal, unsociable or inappropriate behavior
8. eficient entries: The Promoter will not be responsible for any entries not received, not recognized, not accepted for any reason or delayed. Proof of sending or entering such details will not constitute receipt of same.
9. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, or non-receipt of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter or an entrant because of technical problems, operator problems, social media site problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any participant's or any other third person's, resulting from any participation or downloading any materials in the promotion.
10. No consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted. These entries will be disqualified.
11. Names: entrants must enter promotions using their full legal name as stated on a valid national ID. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names or any false names, and any such winners may be required to return to the Promoter any prize they may have won.
12. Retrospective Effect: where an entrant or prizewinner has not complied fully with the generic terms and specific promotion terms, or has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a promotion, particularly where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement of any prize even where the prize has already been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prizewinner in question.
14. No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to their entry in any promotion, obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in a promotion and/or the use of a prize. All related costs/time off will be at the sole and absolute responsibility of each entrant or person using the prize.
15. The Promoter reserves in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Where a prize is won by a person younger than 18, we reserve the right to award the prize to the prizewinner's parent or guardian on behalf of the prizewinner.
16. The colour, style, size and model of the prize will be the decision of the Promoters unless otherwise stated. Any pictures depicting the prizes on any media platform, or any promotional material are for depiction purposes and may differ from the actual prizes. The promotion does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the products or services being offered as prizes.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
18. Where prizes are to be delivered to the personal address of a winner, the prize will only be delivered to an address within Ghana and will only be sent once. Should a prize winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact persons for the relevant promotion.
19. We reserve the right to request proof of a prize winner's identity in the form of a passport or driver’s license, Ghana Card, voters ID, proof of residence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a prize winner cannot provide us with the proofs mentioned above which are reasonably acceptable to the Promoter, we may withdraw the prize and select another prize winner in the same manner as the first.
20. All prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and subject to availability. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us. If a prize winner does not take any element of a prize within 30 days or less from date of award by us (or any relevant third-party prize provider) then that element of the prize will be deemed forfeited by the winner and no replacement prize will be granted. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or part of it.
21. Any tax payable as a result of a prize being awarded or received, including but not limited to gift tax, will be the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a prize if this is a concern.
22. Winners shall be responsible for obtaining any insurance which may be required or prudent in relation to any prize awarded to them. We make no representation or warranty in relation to prizes provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you in relation to any prize, its fitness for purposes, merchantability or otherwise.
23. No additional, further or ancillary costs or expenses are included in any prize unless expressly stated. This includes but is not limited to the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event, parking charges, gratuities, excursions, spending money and other costs of a personal nature. Any accommodation prize includes basic room charges only.
24. Where promotions are run on either of Facebook or Twitter or both, you acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter, and that Facebook or Twitter will not be liable for any element of the promotion.
25. By participating in any promotion involving Facebook or Twitter, to the extent permissible by law, the entrant hereby releases Facebook or Twitter (as applicable) from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to his/her participation in the promotion.
26. Where a promotion allows for entry via Facebook and/or Twitter and/or any other social media platform, entries must be made using a legitimate Facebook, Twitter or Social Media Platform account (as relevant). Entries from entrants using multiple Facebook or Twitter or other Social Media accounts are not permitted, and all such entries will be disqualified, and any prize awarded shall be deemed forfeited.
1. Where any promotion requires entrants to submit a photograph, sound or video clip of any description (hereinafter referred to as, "Media") as a part of entry into or participation in the promotion, Entrants:
a) warrant and represent that their chosen Media: (i) is original to them (ii) is submitted in good faith and (iii) has been legally obtained and created;
b) agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the Media in any media including, but not limited to, our website and social media channels, at all times without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the promotion.
2. By entering a promotion, in relation to their entry (including but not limited to where the entry is Media) all entrants:
a) assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry in all media (including, without limitation, the internet) and whether in existence now or created in the future.
b) agree not to assert any moral rights in respect of their entry and related publicity materials (wherever and whenever such rights are recognised) against the Promoter, its assigns, licensees and successors in title.
c) Agree that the Promoter is under no obligation, owes no compensation nor liable to you or any other person featured in your entry (and you shall be responsible for ensuring the consent of any persons featured in your entry to these terms and conditions). Such use may be for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting whole or in part, in any medium and in any manner. However, the Promoter shall be under no obligation to respond to any communication.
e) acknowledge that we may edit the entry at our sole discretion.
f) agree that we have the right to use entrants' names, likenesses and other personal information in conjunction with the entry.
g) confirm that they have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set out above and that they have obtained all consents and permissions necessary to grant us the same.
4. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the promotion and the format rights for the promotion are our sole property and we may exploit the same at our absolute discretion.
5. The promotion is by any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties unless expressly stated. All intellectual property remains the property of their respective owners.
1. If for any reason any promotion is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud , force majeure or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or any draw(s) or judging related to the promotion and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
2. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website used in connection with the promotion or the information on it, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws of Ghana, and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1. The Promoter may vary the terms of, or terminate, a promotion at any time where it has reasonable grounds to do so at its absolute discretion without liability to any contestant or other persons. The Promoter will not award the prize if the promotion is terminated.
2. All decisions relating to the promotion and/or redemption of the prizes made by the Promoter are final. There will be no further discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person in relation to decisions made by the Promoter.
3. Tiebreakers, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns will be managed by us and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator appointed by the Promoter.
4. Where a promotion involves voting, the accuracy of the pooled results received by us will be deemed to be final and binding and no further correspondence will be entered into.
5. Failure by us to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any entrant or prize winner, nor shall it be deemed to be a waiver of any of our rights in relation to the same.
6. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or prizewinner in connection with or arising out of any promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third-party provider.
7. In the event that any provision of these General Terms or any Specific Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
8. These General Terms and the Specific Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the Republic of Ghana.