1.1. MAGGI Jollof Bet is a competition brought to life with a Series of posts engaging our fans to “bet” on which Jollof wins in a head-to-head. In each post, we pair two Jollof options and ask fans to guess which will come on top while commenting on which they prefer.
1.2. At the end of the Week, we celebrate World Jollof Day, revealing our different matches “winner” also in a rewarding way.1.2.Participation in the MAGGI Jollof Bet (“Competition”) is governed by these Terms and Conditions (the “T&C’s”). these T&C’s.
1.3. By participating in this Bet, each Participant fully and unconditionally agrees to
1.4. Participants acknowledge that they have read and understood and shall comply with these T&C’s.
1.5. The Bet starts on Friday 13th August 2021 at 00:00:01 GMT and ends on August 21st 2021 at 23:59:59 GMT (“Bet Period”). On August 22nd, which is World Jollof Day, the first five (5) people to get the right answer on the Bet Post win the Vouchers. No further entries will be permitted or considered after August 21st 2021.
2.1. This Competition is open to residents and/or citizens residing in Ghana aged eighteen (18) years or over.
2.2. In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition/Challenge:
- 2.2.1. Employees of the Agency and Client.
- 2.2.2. Immediate family members of the Agency and Client, including spouses, parents, children, siblings, business partners and associates.
- 2.2.3. Anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of the Competition.
3.2. Route to entry for the Bet and details of how to enter are via MAGGI Ghana Instagram and Facebook pages.
3.2. Participants are permitted to enter the Bet once with one (1) submission in the form of a comment.
3.3. Neither the Agency nor the Client shall be responsible for submissions not received for whatever reason.
4.1. To participate or enter this Bet, Participants are required to comment under the suggested posts.
4.2.The Agency reserves the right to immediately disqualify Participants whose comments are not original or contrary to the T&C’s of this Bet.
4.3.By taking part in this Competition:
- a. Participants grant to the Agency and the Client the right, license, and privilege to repost or reference a comment submitted whether individually or collectively with any other material, in any and all forms of media or for any other lawful use as may be determined by the Agency and the Client in their sole and exclusive discretion.
- b. Participants consent to the communication and publication of their names, likeness, image in any and all forms of media at any time in any territory. The Agency and the Client shall not be liable for any unauthorized use, reproduction, adaptations, and publication of Participants’ images by third parties. Participants release and indemnify the Agency and the Client from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands Participants may have against the Agency and the Client or that the Agency and the Client may incur for any loss, damage, claim or lawsuit which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of participation in the Bet or winning or failing to win a prize.
5. OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5.1.The Client shall co-own the intellectual property rights in all submissions submitted by Participants for the Competition/challenge.
5.2.Notwithstanding clause 6.1 below, the Client shall have the exclusive copyright to the comments or entries as submitted by the Overall Bet Winners.
6.1. Prizes shall be awarded as follows: 6.1.1. GH¢500.00 Melcom vouchers
- 6.1.2. The award of prizes shall be subject to Participants’ compliance with the T&C’s of the Competition.
- 6.1.3. Vouchers are only redeemable in Ghana by prize winners and are not exchangeable or transferable.
7. POTENTIAL WINNER VALIDATION
7.1. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner at the time of being contacted. Contact is made with a potential prize winner to ensure that all the T&C’s of the Competition have been complied with.
7.2. At the time that the potential prize winners are identified, the potential prize winners will receive a telephone/WhatsApp call or message/SMS from a representative of the Agency.
7.3. The Agency shall require the potential winners to submit copies of a valid national identification card. 7.4.A potential winner found not to have complied with the T&C’s, shall automatically be disqualified and the prize shall be forfeited.
7.5. The Agency will notify Validated Winners of the location, place, and time where prizes can be collected/ delivered. In the event a Validated Winner fails to redeem their prize within fourteen (14) working days of notification, the individual’s right to the prize will automatically lapse and the Agency shall pick a replacement winner.
8. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
8.1. The Bet and these T&Cs shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ghana and where any provision of the T&C’s is adjudged by a court of competent jurisdiction as invalid, it shall not affect the remaining provisions in any way, to the extent possible.
8.2. All disputes, differences and/or claims, arising out of this Bet and the T&Cs, which are not resolved amicably within two (2) weeks of the dispute arising shall be resolved by an action in a court of competent jurisdiction.
9. VARIATION AND DISQUALIFICATION
9.1.The Agency reserves the right to cancel, amend or vary this Competition and the rules hereof at any time with or without prior notice to the General Public.
9.2. The Agency shall further reserve the right, at its sole discretion to refuse a prize winner their prize upon the said winner’s involvement in any of the following incidents:
- 9.2.1. Actual or suspected fraud in relation to the Competition; or Any attempt to disrupt, tamper with or unfairly influence the Competition, or its operation mechanism.
- 9.2.2. Breach of any of the terms and conditions herein; and Any other misconduct or unacceptable act as may be determined by the Agency and/or the Client.
9.3. In the event a Participant is disqualified, that Participant shall forfeit their prize. In addition, the Agency and/or the Client shall reserve the right to take appropriate legal action against the said Participant.